Bidding and contract documents for OGS construction projects are available on a compact disk (CD) for a cost of $10, include bidding requirements, contract forms, conditions of the contract, specifications, and drawings. The $10 fee covers the cost for the CD ($8) and shipping and handling ($2).
Beginning in April 2010, contractors and other interested parties may order a bid document CD online from the OGS website. This new system provides the following features:
- User account creation - this enables users to enter and maintain certain basic data, e.g., firm name, mailing address, e-mail address, etc. This will minimize the need to re-enter the same information each time an order is placed.
- Bid document ordering via a secure web interface.
- Instant e-mail acknowledgment that an order has been received.
- Immediate invoice e-mailing after order processing by OGS.
- Automatic shipping of the CD as soon as it becomes available.
- Ability to track order status and view recent order history.
- Automatic e-mail notification for each addendum that is issued. The recipient simply clicks on the link in the e-mail to download the addendum documents.
To obtain bid documents, please follow the steps listed below:
- Click on the Bid Documents Available for Purchase hyperlink. This will bring you to a list of OGS construction projects that are scheduled for bid.
- Click on the five-digit project number link in the first column that corresponds to the project you are interested in. This will bring you to a screen that provides additional project details.
- Click on the Purchase Bid Documents for this Project link. This will bring you to the Vendor Interface screen.
- If you are a returning member, simply enter your user name and password. This will bring you to the Bid Documents Order Request screen (skip to step 9 below).
- If you are not yet a member, click on the Register Here hyperlink at the bottom of the Vendor Interface screen. This will bring you to the New Member Account Creation screen.
- Enter your user registration information on this screen and click the Submit button. This will bring you to the Member Account Creation screen
- You will be prompted to create a user name and password and establish a security question and answer. Once you have completed this, click on the Create User button.
- You will then receive a screen notification that your account has been created. Click on the Click here to continue link. This will bring you to the Bid Documents Order Request screen.
- The Bid Documents Order Screen will be pre-filled with certain user and project information. Simply complete the remainder of the order form, click on the check box in the acknowledgment section at the bottom of the screen, and click on the Submit button. Your order entry is now complete.
For questions about the bid document ordering process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call toll free at 1-877-647-7526.