Click to return to the OGS Home Page
Home Building  Administration Real  Estate  Services Design  &  Construction Centralized  Procurement Administration  /  Support


Entire site GOV
© New York State OGS
Privacy Policy Website Disclaimer
Accessibility Rules & Regulations
New York State Office of General Services - Federal Surplus Property Program
Administration & Support Services
Federal Surplus Property
The New York State Office of General Services (OGS) Federal Surplus Property Program is responsible for the administration and distribution of donated federal surplus property (excluding real estate) to eligible organizations, including:
  • State or municipal government agency;
  • Tribal nations;
  • Tax-exempt nonprofit health and educational organizations;
  • Educational radio and television stations; and
  • Museums and public libraries.

The acquisition and use of federal surplus property saves OGS customers millions of dollars each year—recipients are only obligated to pay an administrative fee to OGS for the transfer of the property.
How to Become Eligible to Receive Federal Surplus Property
Interested organizations must register with the OGS Bureau of Federal Surplus Property Assistance and be approved as an eligible organization for the acquisition of federal surplus property. Follow the steps below to become an eligible federal surplus property recipient.

Step 1: Choose and submit an application by type of organization from the list below:
Step 2: Fill out and submit the following forms for all application types:
How to Acquire Federal Surplus Property
OGS Federal Surplus Property Program identifies federal surplus items for acquisition, and performs searches to locate special request items. Examples of previously acquired federal surplus property items include helicopters, boats, backhoes, bulldozers, printers and copiers, trailers, vehicles and a variety of other miscellaneous equipment. To get started on a search, choose from the options below:
To acquire an item from the list of currently available federal surplus property, contact a Federal Surplus Agent to arrange for a transfer.
Contact Information
Federal Property Assistance
Harriman State Office Campus
Building # 18
1220 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12226
Tel: 518-457-3264
Fax: 518-457-5436