The Office of General Services Design & Construction (D&C) Group
awards approximately 500 emergency contracts annually. Emergency contracts
may be awarded for as much as $300,000. Bids for emergency contracts may be
taken over the phone, require an immediate response and performance of the work.
Emergency contracts are of short duration and are usually awarded on a cost plus basis.
The Public Buildings Law requires D&C to establish a list of contractors
who are interested in bidding on emergency work. The list is organized by trade interest and
geographical area. To be placed on a list, a contractor must satisfy the conditions specified in the Emergency Contract Bidders List Requirements document, and complete the BDC 321 and CCA-2 forms, listed below. Before granting final approval for the list, the state will review and verify all information provided by the contractor. This review will include an assessment of the firm's work experience and vendor responsibility.
Bids will be solicited from this list on a rotational basis. When an emergency occurs, bids are solicited by phone and require an immediate response. The selected contractor must be able to commence work within four (4) hours of the "Notice to Proceed."
It is the policy of the state and the Office of General Services to encourage Minority and Women's Business Enterprise (MWBE) participation in the Emergency Program.
If you would like to be added to our list, you will be required to submit the following items:
- BDC 321 - Emergency Contractor Information Form
- CCA-2 - NYS Vendor Responsibility Questionaire For-Profit Construction
- Questionnaire completed and certified electronically via NYS Office of the State Comptroller (OSC) website.
- Submit to OGS a copy of the printout of the certification page from OSC Online Services (shows company name, certifier name and title, and date of certification).
- If these are not already on file with D&C, insurance certificates showing proof of Workers" Compensation and statutory NYS Disability Benefits coverage must be provided. These may be obtained from your insurance agent or carrier.
A scanned copy of your submission package (with items from 1, 2b, and 3 above) should be e-mailed to DC.ECIF@ogs.ny.gov. A signed and notarized original of the BDC 321 should be mailed separately to the following address:
Office of General Services
Design & Construction Group
Division of Contract Administration – Contract Awards
35th Floor, Corning Tower, GNARESP
Albany, New York 12242